As the Quest Soccer camp approaches its Sixth year anniversary both Jason and I have had the opportunity to reflect back on our time at Quest Soccer and realize how truly fortunate we all are.
The facilities at Westminster Christian School as well as the educators, administrators, and grounds crews have all contributed in large and small ways to the continued success of the camp. With their support and caring concerns not only for the soccer youth of Dade County, but also for the children of South Florida in general, the staff at Quest Soccer seeks to make your child’s camp experience memorable, fun, and instructional.
The Quest Soccer Camp recognizes how blessed we are, myself and Jason as well as our committed staff are looking forward to working with our charitable partners. We ask all of our website visitors and camp attendees to visit our charity partners:
Soccer kicks for Cancer
Draw a Breath
Through Christian ministries The Quest soccer Camp has donated soccer balls and shirts to needy children in Lagos, Nigeria, as well as here in Miami via “The Amigos Together for Kids Foundation.” This year we are announcing the:
This scholarship is named for Jenna Johnson, who upon leaving this earth left a memory with us. Jenna was a Quest instructor who suffered an unexpected death while training for a marathon to benefit pediatric AIDS patients. We titled the scholarship the REACH scholarship as a reminder that we should all try to reach our goals and reach daily to be the best person that we can. We will be offering these scholarships to three deserving individuals in Jenna's name. The criteria is very simple:
- A 200-word essay on what your goals are, and how you want to reach them.
- Three scholarships will be offered in 2007 in the name of Jenna Johnson.
- All essay submissions must be in with your camp deposit by May 31, 2008.
- If your essay is chosen you will be notified on May 31, 2006 and your deposit as well as any other Quest Soccer attendance fees will be waived and/or refunded.
- All submissions remain the property of Quest soccer Camp and the winning entries will be chosen by Quest. The judges' decisions are final.
- Parents and/or legal guardians of the selected entries have the option to have the award made public or kept private.
- Submissions must be postmarked no later than May 17, 2007 and mailed to: Quest Soccer Camp, P.O Box 566452
Miami, FL 33256-6452
Jason and I look forward to seeing all of our returning campers and making new friends in 2006. We anticipate the popularity of Quest Soccer Camp to continue as we promote soccer with our commercial partner Soccer Locker.
Directors, Quest Soccer Camp